Home

Julstro Method Forum

A Pain-Free Living Community

Have you benefitted from the Julstro Method of self-treatments?

Submit a Testimonial!

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:45 pm 

Hi Julie,

I am using the Julstro kit to treat my wrist pain.
I read your book and watched the accompanying video and find it difficult to identify trigger points myself.
Unfortunatley I found no trigger point therapists to consult in the region where I live (Ticino,Switzerland).
How do I differentiate a lymph node from a trigger point? Is it true that lymph nodes must not be massaged?
What is the damage that could be caused if I mistakenly massage a lymph node?
Are there any other regions of the body where trigger point mssage should not be attempted?
If possible please add information on this topic to the Julstro website FAQ page for the benefit of all your customers.

I have a region 1 inch above on the inner side of the elbow which is a bit swollen and sensitive to pressure.
I would like to be sure that this region is not the supratrochlear lymph gland. Please see the image by following the link below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gray606.png

Regards
Satya

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:57 am 

Hi sitapsa,

What a wonderful question. I have been trained by the leading expert in lymphademia, Robert Lerner, MD. Dr. Lerner has passed away, but his work continues. I have been teaching people how to self-treat for carpal tunnel syndrome and repetitive strain injuries throughout the body for the past 20 years and it has never caused any negative effects to the lymphatic system.

However, your question stirred my thoughts, so I called Lymphadema Therapy in Woodbury, NY (1-800-MDLYMPH). Lymphadema Therapy continues Dr. Lerner's style of treatments and I knew they would be the definitive answer to your query. The Director of Lymphadema Therapy told me that "if the lymphatic system is already compromised by radiation, or surgical removal of nodes, deep therapy should not be done over the lymph nodes, but if the system is healthy, it will not be hurt by deep muscle therapy."

The good news is that the treatments that are taught in the Julstro System do not touch any of the lymphatic channels when done as demonstrated in the DVD and the Workbook. The closest is in the neck where there are major nodes along the sternocleidomastoid muscle which is just to the outside of the scalenes. If you are concerned I would suggest you avoid the neck treatment, or only do the treatment at the bottom of the scalenes, just underneath your clavicle (collarbone).

Thank you for this insightful question, it has clarified in my mind that the Julstro System is safe when done as described in the teaching materials.

Wishing you well,
Julie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:59 pm 

Thanks Julie for giving a detailed and convincing answer to my question.
Regards
Satya

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:58 am 

Hi Satya,

My pleasure, I also thank you for giving me the opportunity to bring clarity on this issue.

Wishing you well,
Julie